Friday, May 16, 2014

Returning to zero

I've now played 1,302 sessions of online poker, and not a single one of them ended with the same balance I started it with. It turns out to be remarkably difficult to return to zero. Part of the difficulty lies in the fact that returning to zero has never been a goal; if it happens, it's purely a fluke. However, even though it's not a goal, I enjoy the rarity of it almost as much as the rarity of making a huge hand. Last night, I returned to zero at the end of hand 78. Today, I wrote a program to see how many times I've managed this feat. Drumroll, please ... Of the 46,933 hands for which I have the full hand histories, I've only returned to zero 34 times. The most recent time before last night was last September.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 93 hands and saw flop:
 - 9 out of 12 times while in big blind (75%)
 - 8 out of 14 times while in small blind (57%)
 - 30 out of 67 times in other positions (44%)
 - a total of 47 out of 93 (50%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 11 (45%)
 Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $29,384
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,986,177
balance: $9,043,880

No comments:

Post a Comment