Thursday, May 8, 2014

The walrus by a whisker

Some sports headlines are so iconic you have no trouble remembering them decades later, without ever having taken the trouble to commit them to memory. One such is "The Walrus By A Whisker", the headline on the cover of Sports Illustrated when Craig Stadler won the Masters in 1982. I like that headline so much, I'm appropriating it for the title of this post. In this case, the walrus is that beast known as the bad beat. Last night, I would have had a very successful session if I'd been able to avoid the walrus. On hand 38, all I needed to do was fade a four outer, but the walrus made it by a whisker. Luckily for me, I'd started the hand with more chips than the winner of the pot. I ground it out for 41 more hands and ended the night with a tidy little profit.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 79 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 10 times while in big blind (70%)
 - 4 out of 10 times while in small blind (40%)
 - 35 out of 59 times in other positions (59%)
 - a total of 46 out of 79 (58%)
 Pots won at showdown - 9 of 15 (60%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $14,222
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,134,730
balance: $9,192,433

No comments:

Post a Comment