Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The ol' reupdown

The title of this post is meant to be humorous. Usually, when a noun is given the familiar "ol'" adjective, the writer is implying his affection for it. Indeed, when "good ol'" is used, the implication becomes clear. In reality, I have no affection whatsoever for the ol' reupdown. For that to make any sense to you, however, I must first explain what a reupdown is. Reupping is what I call it when you plunk your play money down to buy in for the maximum amount after hitting the felt. A reupdown, which is another neo neo (neostreet neologism, for the uninitiated), is what I call it when you hit the felt again on your very first hand after reupping. Of course, this is a demoralizing and horrifying occurrence. Equally obviously, I wouldn't even be talking about reupdowns if I hadn't suffered one at the end of last night's session. Thankfully, it was only the second one in my cash game no limit hold'em career, and I fully intend to keep them few and far between.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 76 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 12 times while in big blind (58%)
 - 6 out of 9 times while in small blind (66%)
 - 26 out of 55 times in other positions (47%)
 - a total of 39 out of 76 (51%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 8 (37%)
 Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $-106,324
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,106,793
balance: $9,164,496

No comments:

Post a Comment