Saturday, May 10, 2014

The hand that played itself

Once in a very great while, if you play enough poker, you'll encounter hands which require the very bare minimum of thought on your part to play. In fact, I'll go so far as to say these hands actually play themselves. You can't take any credit at all for their success; all you can claim is that you had the wisdom to get out of the way while the hands worked their own magic. Such was the case last night, on hand 59. I was dealt 7d Qd, and the flop came 7h 7s Ks. I checked, then called a $500 bet. The turn was the queen of spades, giving me a full house. I checked, then called a $3,000 bet. The river was the ace of clubs. I checked yet a third time, knowing more betting was to come. One opponent bet $2,000, another opponent raised to $4,000, and then I reraised to $53,506 to go all in. The original raiser called me, and his ace high straight lost to my boat. I raked in a pot worth $122,512, and called it a night the next hand.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 60 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 9 times while in big blind (77%)
 - 8 out of 9 times while in small blind (88%)
 - 22 out of 42 times in other positions (52%)
 - a total of 37 out of 60 (61%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 11 (36%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $71,512
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,156,242
balance: $9,213,945

No comments:

Post a Comment