Tuesday, December 31, 2013

yaps: lolhs

Last night, I doubled up on hand 3. I didn't quit right then; I play poker largely for entertainment, and quitting after only playing three hands isn't much fun. I ended up giving back all my winnings, and even dipped into the red; a strong finish put me back in the black. Looking at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of the session, I was inspired to come up with yaps (yet another poker statistic). I call this one lolhs. No, it doesn't stand for Laughing Out Loud High School :-) It stands for Last On the Low High Scale. The Low High Scale is what it sounds like - the scale which ranges from your low balance of the session to your high balance of the session. Last on the Low High Scale is where your final balance of the session falls on the scale, in terms of a percentage. If you end on your high, your lolhs will be 100%; if you end on your low, your lolhs will be 0%. Last night, my low balance was $33,722, my high balance was $103,104, and my final balance was $65,939. The lolhs calculation is as follows:

lolhs = (last - low) / (high - low)

So my lolhs value for last night's session was 32217 /  69382, or .464342.

Happy New Year!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 109 hands and saw flop:
 - 13 out of 17 times while in big blind (76%)
 - 12 out of 17 times while in small blind (70%)
 - 43 out of 75 times in other positions (57%)
 - a total of 68 out of 109 (62%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 20 (40%)
 Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $15,939
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,846,779
balance: $7,203,732

No comments:

Post a Comment