Monday, December 23, 2013

Showdown bonsai

Knowing when to go to showdown is one of the best skills to have in poker. You will never win as much as you'll win at showdown, and you will never lose as much as you'll lose at showdown. It's actually an excellent plan to go to showdown as sparingly as possible. I call this strategy "Showdown bonsai". You must always be asking yourself, "Do I really need to go to showdown on this hand? Or can I simply prune my showdown tree, keeping it small and beautiful?" Last night, I kept my showdown tree small and beautiful. I only went to showdown twice, and won both times.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 49 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 4 out of 6 times while in small blind (66%)
 - 19 out of 37 times in other positions (51%)
 - a total of 28 out of 49 (57%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 2 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $16,014
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,019,166
balance: $7,376,119

No comments:

Post a Comment