Friday, December 27, 2013

Got there or not there

When a player is on a draw, and makes it (either on the turn or on the river), the common poker phrase is that he or she "got there". When you get there, you expect to win the vast majority of the time. I can't remember ever folding when I've gotten there. The thing is, folding when you've gotten there is sometimes the correct play, and should be in your arsenal. I realize that it's not in mine yet. I sure could have used that weapon last night :-) On the final hand of the session, I was on a straight draw, and got there on the turn. When an opponent bet $29,000, I raised it up to $39,899, and was all in. As it turned out, she'd gotten there on the turn as well, with a better straight. I was actually drawing dead on the river. Her huge river bet should have alerted me to the fact that though I'd "gotten there", in actuality I wasn't anywhere at all :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 75 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 10 times while in big blind (60%)
 - 7 out of 10 times while in small blind (70%)
 - 30 out of 55 times in other positions (54%)
 - a total of 43 out of 75 (57%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 6 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,880,840
balance: $7,237,793

No comments:

Post a Comment