Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pockets four

Last night, I went broke with an "always going broke" hand. It was the second time in the session I hit the felt, and the last hand I played. I don't feel bad about it, since my hand was so strong. If I'd won it, I would have had a really nice profit on the night, despite hitting the felt on hand 11. The last hand had 2 notable features:

1. the pot was one of the biggest I can remember, $214,111
2. all four players who went to showdown had been dealt a pocket pair

I'd been dealt pocket threes, and hit a set on the flop. Unfortunately for me, one of my opponents hit a bigger set on the flop (tens). The other two "pocks" were kings and aces; neither of those players improved. If that hand wasn't a cooler, I don't know what is :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 48 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 5 out of 7 times while in small blind (71%)
 - 22 out of 35 times in other positions (62%)
 - a total of 32 out of 48 (66%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 12 (33%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-100,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,008,541
balance: $7,365,494

No comments:

Post a Comment