Saturday, December 7, 2013

Wrong way on a one-way track

When you really love a song, its most powerful lyrics get stored somewhere where you can always access them; they share that characteristic with poignant lines of well-loved poems. The song lyric, or the line of poetry, will spring to mind when a situation arises which subconsciously you recognize as the same situation as the one in the song or poem.

"Runaway Train", by Soul Asylum, is one of my favorite songs. My favorite lyric from it is what I've chosen to title this post. Last night, I hit the felt on the final hand; I was playing my worst hand, yet again. Just as a reminder, my worst hand is ace jack offsuit, or AJo for short. The history of my AJo hands is a true tale of woe. I'm definitely going the wrong way down a one-way track, and I realize that I'll never get back. I now feel the only logical thing to do is fold every AJo hand I'm dealt from here on in. We'll see if I have the strength to do it!

For the record, I lost $9,000 with AJo on last night's final hand. In my poker career, I've lost a whopping $375,808 with AJo. My next worst hand, ATo, is a mere bagatelle in comparison; I've only lost $158,751 with it.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 159 hands and saw flop:
 - 25 out of 40 times while in big blind (62%)
 - 35 out of 43 times while in small blind (81%)
 - 47 out of 76 times in other positions (61%)
 - a total of 107 out of 159 (67%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 19 (42%)
 Pots won without showdown - 37

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,097,521
balance: $7,454,474

No comments:

Post a Comment