Thursday, September 30, 2010

Showdown perfection

I've been fine-tuning my thinking lately about showdown percentage. I now think it's much more important to have a high showdown percentage than it is to have a high percentage of seeing the flop. I used to think they were both equally important, but cold hard facts have forced me to revise that assessment. There are plenty of times I've hit the felt with a high percentage of seeing the flop, but I can't think of many times I've hit the felt with a showdown percentage of 90% or better.

Last night, I achieved showdown perfection - 1 for 1. It just shows you don't need to win a lot of pots to come out in the black, as long as you're not spending much on the other pots. Ironically, one of the best ways not to spend too much on the other pots is not to pay to see the flop on them! So one viable strategy for winning is to have a very low percentage of seeing the flop. I'm sure my thinking will change over time, but that's what it is right now.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 25 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 4 times while in big blind (100%)
- 2 out of 4 times while in small blind (50%)
- 7 out of 17 times in other positions (41%)
- a total of 13 out of 25 (52%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 1 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $32,700
balance: $963,737

No comments:

Post a Comment