Thursday, September 2, 2010

Love at first sight

Last night, I tried 7 card stud on PokerStars for the first time; it was love at first sight! I immediately saw three things about it which give it a very high skill potential:

1. there are no positional advantages, to speak of, since there's no rotating dealer button; in Hold'em, position routinely enables weak hands to beat stronger ones

2. there are fixed betting limits (at least at the table I joined), so opponents can't be as aggressive as they can in pot limit or no limit

3. you get much more information to work with, in the form of up cards, than you do in Hold'em or Omaha

This game looks like it's right up my alley; time will tell. I'll cut my teeth on the $10/$20 tables for a while, then graduate to the $200/$400 tables when I'm ready.

delta: $310
balance: $1,037,002

No comments:

Post a Comment