Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fast play

Last night I decided to join a fast table; that's a table which has shorter time limits on the action. Another difference from the slower tables, at least at the fast stud tables, is that there's no option to manually post your ante; it's auto-posted for you. I've often wondered why the PokerStars software gives you the option of manually posting your blinds or antes; I can think of no legitimate reason, and all too often this option ends up slowing down the play unnecessarily.

I have to say I love the faster pace; I'm an instant convert! This means I'll have to give up my habit of saving hand histories immediately after the hands end; there just won't be time for that. I don't know how many hands PokerStars saves in their logs before they get aged out; I guess I'll find out. I may just decide not to bother saving hand histories for a while.

My stack experienced a lot of volatility, but I trended up.

During current Stud session you were dealt 57 hands and:
- saw fourth street 53 times (92%)
- saw fifth street 48 times (84%)
- saw sixth street 37 times (64%)
- reached showdown 16 times (28%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 16 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $12,580
balance: $1,033,878

No comments:

Post a Comment