Saturday, September 25, 2010

Homesick

I have to admit it; I'm homesick for Hold'em. Hold'em is my first poker love, and quite possibly the variant that I have the most natural talent for. It was quite easy to realize that Omaha was not the game for me. Strangely enough, I had high hopes for Omaha before I ever played a hand, simply from reading about it. I didn't have any preconceived notions about 7 card stud, but quickly formed strong positive impressions of it from playing it. However, I realize I don't have a good feel for how to play it consistently well yet. It's going to take a lot of work to get really good at it. Hold'em never felt like work; it was always a pleasure. I want to preserve the joy in playing poker. I'm not going to just throw in the towel on stud, but I'm going to play Hold'em off and on whenever poker starts feeling too much like work. So tonight, it's back to Hold'em, and back to some fun!

Last night I hit the felt at two consecutive fixed limit 7 card stud tables; I gave myself a starting stack of $8,000 at the first one and $20,000 at the second.

During current Stud session you were dealt 85 hands and:
- saw fourth street 82 times (96%)
- saw fifth street 73 times (85%)
- saw sixth street 52 times (61%)
- reached showdown 21 times (24%)
Pots won at showdown - 9 of 21 (42%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-28,000
balance: $1,019,691

No comments:

Post a Comment