Friday, September 3, 2010

Calmer waters

Playing fixed limit poker is extremely relaxing; instead of the choppy seas you can experience playing pot limit, fixed limit has much calmer waters. You don't win as much when you win, but by the same token, you don't lose as much when you lose. You can be entertained for hours on end, and never risk going on tilt. I can't imagine ever going on tilt playing fixed limit; you'd have to be a tiltaholic!

There's something more satisfying about making strong hands in Stud than there is in making them in Hold'em. The reason is simple -- the cards making up the hand are all your own, shared with no one else. You and you alone nurtured them and watched them grow.

On the last hand of last night's session, I grew a full house of eights full of queens; I won a pot worth $611. Chump change by high roller standards, but not bad for a $10/$20 table.

I predict I'll be able to beat my record of 10 winning sessions in a row by November 25th, which will be the one year anniversary of this blog.

delta: $121
balance: $1,037,123

No comments:

Post a Comment