Friday, October 1, 2010

Backwards down the number line

The title of this post comes from a Phish song I like a lot. It describes what happened to my stack last night. I admit it, I went on tilt. It's been a while since the last time, but I don't kid myself that this time will be the last. Three things conspired to annoy me and put me on tilt:

1. at the first table I joined, one of the players was playing incredibly slowly, getting a time warning virtually every time the action was on him. I finally left in disgust.

2. shortly after I joined the second table, I discovered that the PokerStars software had hiccupped and removed the first 8 or so hands I'd played from the hand statistics. This has happened once or twice before, and it always ticks me off. I like stats, but need them to be accurate.

3. I'd been card dead most of the night, so when I flopped a pair of queens, I called all the bets down to showdown. I lost to pocket kings to hit the felt.

I should have called it a night right there, but was angry and joined another table. I quickly lost another $40K, for a grand total of just over $93K on the night. This wasn't my worst single session ever, but it does have the honor of being my third worst.

delta: -$93,050
balance: $870,687

No comments:

Post a Comment