Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lucky 13

Last night, I only played 13 hands. You know there are really only two scenarios which could have led to such a low number:

1. the last hand was strong, I fell in love with it, went all in, lost to a stronger hand, and had the self-control not to reup at another table

2. I won a disproportionate number of the 13 pots, realized a nice profit, and had the self-control to stop playing and take the profit

I'm happy to say that last night it was the second scenario.

I've been thinking about the golden ratio a lot, and have decided to kiss it goodbye. It served me very well on the road to my first play million (which I aim to re-achieve and then surpass), but it's silly to obsess over a statistic; too much desire to hit the ratio could too easily lead to poor poker decisions.

I've also been thinking a lot about how poker requires constantly learning new things, and re-learning old things one has gotten rusty on. This evergreen characteristic of poker is one of the reasons I love it, and why I'm never bored by it!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 13 hands and saw flop:
- 1 out of 2 times while in big blind (50%)
- 1 out of 2 times while in small blind (50%)
- 7 out of 9 times in other positions (77%)
- a total of 9 out of 13 (69%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 2 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $11,500
balance: $890,487

No comments:

Post a Comment