Thursday, October 21, 2010

A pair of 200s

Friends and neighbors, this is my 200th post to this blog. Surely a time to take stock and reflect. I remember bragging in my 50th post that my gut feeling was that I was already a more successful blogger (in terms of number of posts) than over half the bloggers on the planet. I now realize that assertion was just so much boyish bluster. Why, you ask? I'll be glad to tell you. Actually, I just did! Think about it for a moment :-)

It's not such a big secret that people love to hear themselves talk, and I'm no different. Samuel Pepys sure knew what he was about. Writing a blog is definitely addictive. Seen properly in this light, there's little reason to brag about having a large number of posts to your name, and even less reason to believe that less than 50% of bloggers ever get to 50 posts.

But what about the other 200 I promised in the title of this post? I'm glad you asked! I hit 200 winning sessions (since I started record-keeping) very recently, on Tuesday night. This will be the last time my number of posts and my number of winning sessions are the same number, so I decided to celebrate them in unison. The only reason it was possible for them to be the same in the first place is that I started recording my sessions well before I started this blog.

Last night, I hit the felt again. Am I discouraged? No. Am I ready to go at it again? You bet!

delta: $-37,996
balance: $838,309

No comments:

Post a Comment