Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Session length

Last Friday, I played a long session -- 101 hands. One thing I've noticed about long sessions is that they don't pay; in almost every case, I would have done better to quit earlier. It's hard to quit, though, when you're having fun and haven't played that many hands.

I think there must be some ideal session length, and I know it's way less than a hundred hands. My guess is that it's about thirty five hands. In thirty five hands, you shouldn't be in any danger of hitting the felt, and there's a good chance you'll be dealt some quality hands which you can use to increase the size of your stack.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 101 hands and saw flop:
- 18 out of 20 times while in big blind (90%)
- 22 out of 23 times while in small blind (95%)
- 53 out of 58 times in other positions (91%)
- a total of 93 out of 101 (92%)
Pots won at showdown - 11 of 24 (45%)
Pots won without showdown - 12

delta: $10,400
balance: $912,387

No comments:

Post a Comment