Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Three-handed practice

As I think I've already mentioned, I use the following rules for picking a table to join:

1. it must currently have 6 players
2. the player whose stack is the largest shouldn't have more than twice the chips of his nearest competitor
3. it should have at least 3 players who have more than the starting maximum stack size of $40K

Usually, this means I'll hardly ever get to play heads up, or even three-handed. Last night, there was a big exodus of players from the table at one point, and I got quite a bit of three-handed practice in. Three-handed play is tricky -- almost as tricky as heads up play. I did okay, but was happy when more people joined the table and it got back up to six or seven players.

I had a decent gain on the night. I feel like I'm in the stretch run of my quest.

delta: $15,042
balance: $836,913

No comments:

Post a Comment