Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The lure of aggression

Last night, though I was playing well at the start of the session, I fell into a trap I've fallen into before -- namely, getting caught up in the playing style of the aggressors at the table. At one point I went up about $900, but played too loosely after that lift, and lost most of it immediately (and all of it eventually). When you play too aggressively in Omaha, it's akin to buying a lottery ticket; in other words, not a good idea!

Another difference I've noticed between Omaha and Hold'em is that you almost never see a pot won without a showdown in Omaha, though that scenario is quite common in Hold'em. As far as I know, I haven't seen that happen yet in my five sessions of Omaha.

Note to self: play more cautiously tonight.

delta: $-1,590
balance: $1,040,692

No comments:

Post a Comment