Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The secret to poker success

Reviewing the bar chart of the state of my stack over the course of last night's session, I see that it reveals the secret to poker success! Of course, I'm being facetious. Like all such secrets, it's incredibly simple to state and for all intents and purposes contains no practical advice whatsoever. It's merely this -- to be successful at poker, you must lose only a small amount whenever you lose a hand, and you must win a considerably larger amount whenever you win a hand. Last night, I probably lost an average of $1,000 on the hands I lost, and won an average of nearly $10,000 on the hands I won. Opponents kept leaving the table until I was the only one left; I decided to call it a night at that point, being up a healthy amount.

delta: $28,900
balance: $993,224

No comments:

Post a Comment