Thursday, July 1, 2010

Down 1/5th

Last night I again lost my full starting stack of $40,000 at the first table I joined, as I had the two previous nights. I didn't recoup any chips at the second table, but didn't lose another full starting stack either. I'm sure those three sessions are my worst three in a row ever. Let me check...

Yes, indeed. Total lost in those three sessions: $139,667. That represents a percentage loss of 19.6% of my balance. 20%, for all intents and purposes. 1/5th! Hence the title of this post. However, when I was looking over the numbers, I realized that I'd had an even larger percentage loss just over a year ago, even though it was smaller in the absolute. On May 21, 22, and 26 of last year, I lost a combined total of $99,300, for a whopping percentage loss of 29%!

It's no coincidence that I switched from the $100/$200 tables to the $5/$10 tables soon after that 29% loss. I got scared off by the volatility. That won't happen this time, though. I'm not scared anymore. I'm getting used to the big swings!

delta: $-48,000
balance: $572,512

No comments:

Post a Comment