Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Due diligence

Last night was another wash.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 76 hands and saw flop:
- 12 out of 14 times while in big blind (85%)
- 11 out of 14 times while in small blind (78%)
- 39 out of 48 times in other positions (81%)
- a total of 62 out of 76 (81%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 16 (25%)
Pots won without showdown - 11

The fact that I broke even with such a lousy showdown percentage shows that even though I wasn't playing well, I was actually playing pretty well. One of those conundrums :-)

Even though poker is a game, it doesn't pay to play it lazily. One hand I lost made me realize I was playing a little lazily. I flopped trip 4s and slow-played the hand, "knowing" I'd won it. I didn't bother to check on the river whether there were straight or flush draws on the board and lost to a straight. Luckily for me, the winner didn't have a lot of chips at the start of the hand, so it didn't hurt me too much when I forced him to go all in.

delta: $265
balance: $795,964

No comments:

Post a Comment