Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Doubling up

When I'm done playing for the night, I often use an Excel bar chart to get a pictorial representation of the size of my chip stack over the course of the session. Of course, since I don't save the history for every hand, it's not as accurate a picture as it could be, but it still gives me an excellent outline of the night's play.

Looking at the bar chart from last Thursday's session, I can summarize it as follows: mini-porpoise, double up, mini-porpoise. This shows the importance of being patient. If you can only be patient enough, opportunities to double up will eventually come your way. Of course, patience is best evaluated with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight; if for some reason you lose a hand that you thought you should have doubled up on, then hindsight accuses you of having been impatient. Since it's been nearly a week and I forget, let me review the hand where I doubled up and see whether or not I was actually patient ...

Ah, yes, now I remember. Another stealth two pair! My love it/hate it hand. It can be one of the most dangerous hands to play, but also one of the most profitable, when it wins. I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt, and declare myself to have been patient :-)

delta: $41,200
balance: $613,712

No comments:

Post a Comment