Saturday, July 31, 2010

Card dead

Last night, I just didn't get any hands worth speaking of. My stack took a slow and steady trip south. I hit the felt on one of my best hands of the night -- a big slick which was still only an ace high when all the community cards had been dealt, and lost to a lowly pair of nines.

I don't feel badly about losing my whole starting stack last night; if you don't get cards to work with, you can't do much, no matter how good you are. I was disciplined enough not to go on tilt, and by folding as early and as often as I did, I hung around longer than I otherwise would have and gave myself a better chance of turning things around. However, it just wasn't meant to be. You have to expect such nights to happen every now and then, if you play enough.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 56 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 7 times while in big blind (42%)
- 6 out of 8 times while in small blind (75%)
- 23 out of 41 times in other positions (56%)
- a total of 32 out of 56 (57%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 5 (20%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $-40,000
balance: $852,350

No comments:

Post a Comment