Monday, July 19, 2010

Hot and cold running hunches

My win streak came to an end on Saturday night. I didn't take too bad a hit, however. My stats were decent, but not spectacular. I would almost have broken even except for two things:

1. I had a minor case of what I'll call "streak tilt". When I'd already played over 60 hands and was only down about $2k, I should have just called it a night; however, I wanted to preserve my winning streak, so I kept playing.

2. For sentimental reasons, I bet too much pre-flop on a marginal hand, since it had been so good to me very recently. I was dealt a pair of fours, which had been one of my "Magnificent Seven" hands; I'd had a correct hunch in the "Magnificent" session that it would hit for trips, and tried to tell myself I was having the same hunch again. This time around, it didn't hit.

delta: $-9,500
balance: $784,440

No comments:

Post a Comment