Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Below the golden ratio

Last night, like the night before, I played loose. Last night, like the night before, I lost my full starting stack of $40,000 at the first table I joined. Last night, unlike the night before, I didn't recoup any chips at the second table I joined. With those two losing sessions, I again fell below the golden ratio of twice as many winning sessions as losing sessions.

I concede I've been playing too loose, and need to tighten up my game. Here's the hand which really hurt me at the first table:

my chip stack at the start of the hand: $41,400

my hole cards: Kc Ah

pre flop betting round:

I was the big blind. There was a raise to $400. I reraised to $600, then called a reraise to $2700 along with one other player.

flop: 6s 4d Kd

flop betting round:

I bet $6,000. The reraiser from the previous round raised to $16,849 to go all in. The other caller from the previous round folded, and I called. Since no more betting was possible, my cards and the reraiser's were turned face up. Wouldn't you know it, the reraiser had pocket rockets :-(

turn: 7c

river: Js

result: my pair of kings lost to a pair of aces.

my chip stack at the end of the hand: $21,851

After that huge hit, I slowly but surely descended to the felt.

delta: $-62,300
balance: $620,512

No comments:

Post a Comment