Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gibraltaring

Last night I Gibraltared again. That's my neologism for the pattern of losing my whole starting stack of $40k at one table, and gaining it all back and more at the next table. See if you can figure out the connection; I'll reveal it next post. I hope this word eventually gains traction in poker circles; remember, you heard it here first! :-)

The funny thing about losing $40k -- the more you do it and survive, the less of a big deal it becomes.

I swear it wasn't my fault that I lost my whole starting stack at the first table. Here's my evidence:

table 1 heartbreak hand 1:

my chip stack at the start of the hand: $38,600
my hole cards: 5c 3c
flop: 4d 2s 4h
turn: 8d
river: As
my hand: 5 high straight
winning hand: 2d 2c for a full house, deuces full of fours
my chip stack at the end of the hand: $22,600

table 1 heartbreak hand 2:

my chip stack at the start of the hand: $6,384
my hole cards: 2s 6d
flop: 6c 5s Ks
turn: 6h
river: Td
my hand: three of a kind, sixes
winning hand: 6s 5h for a full house, sixes full of fives
my chip stack at the end of the hand: $0

I don't get upset about losing hands like this; it's the correct play to bet them big.

delta: $13,000
balance: $751,844

No comments:

Post a Comment