Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Loose vs. tight

I played loose last night, and lost. However, I don't feel too badly about it. I'd feel badly if I'd played tight and lost. My one-and-a-half years plus of poker experience tells me it's much better to play a little too loose than a little too tight. It's nearly impossible not to do one or the other!

That reminds me of a funny story a doctor told me once. As he was stitching me up after a minor procedure, he said that when he was an intern and learning how to do stitches, the supervising doctor was so exacting that he could never bring himself to praise the stitchwork of the interns; in his opinion, the stitches were always either too loose or too tight. That led one wag to suggest to his peers that they should simply ask the doctor how he wanted the stitches -- "Too loose or too tight?"

delta: $-29,367
balance: $682,812

No comments:

Post a Comment