Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Futility

Last Friday's session was another four table affair. As you might have guessed by the title of this post, it was a horror show. I lost 12% of my balance. Before I won my first showdown, I'd already lost two starting stacks worth, or $80K. I hit a new high (low?) water mark for showdown futility. Here are the gory details:

table 1: 0 of 7 showdowns won
table 2: 0 of 3 showdowns won
table 3: 1 of 6 showdowns won

That's 1 of 16 showdowns won at the first three tables. Thank God things finally turned around for me at the last table:

table 4: 5 of 8 showdowns won

The thing is, those kinds of nights will happen, and I'm not actually discouraged. I made some bad decisions, but I also ran into some bad luck. I haven't had a chance to play since Friday, and I'm psyched that I'll be playing right after I finish this post!

delta: $-87,329
balance: $622,961

No comments:

Post a Comment