Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Laydown prowess

In Saturday night's session, I saved myself a ton of chips by laying several hands down at just the right time. That's a skill I've known for some time that I needed to work on. Here's the best laydown of the bunch:

my hole cards: 3c Ah
flop: 9c 2h Ad
turn: 3d
river: 9h

Despite having top two pair, I folded on the river. Two players stayed in the hand; the winner had a full house, aces full of nines, and the loser had three of a kind, nines.

In other news, I saw someone else have some really bad luck. He made a flush with both of his hole cards contributing, but lost to another flush, which again was made with both hole cards contributing. That's happened to me once before, and it really stings.

After quite a long hiatus reading other things, I've picked up A. Alvarez's "The Biggest Game in Town" again; it's very entertaining and I won't have any trouble finishing it this time around.

delta: $27,400
balance: $717,211

No comments:

Post a Comment