Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lift

Last night, on my very first hand, I missed out on quads. I was dealt Th 6d, and the flop came 2h 6c Js, giving me middle pair. Someone bet $1,200 on the flop, and I folded. Wouldn't you know, both the turn and the river were sixes. I would have pulled down a monster pot, since the winner of the pot had a full house of sixes over jacks, and probably would have gone all in. Still, I think I probably made the right play.

Just a couple of hands later, I won a decent size pot with two pair, queens and nines. That pot gave me "lift"; it vaulted my chip stack up to $64,400. When you've achieved lift, you have a ton of options; you can be really choosy about what hands you'll play, or you can be really aggressive, or some combination of both.

As fate would have it, I mini-porpoised for the rest of the session, but at least I didn't come back down. Here are the stats:

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 65 hands and saw flop:
- 17 out of 18 times while in big blind (94%)
- 16 out of 16 times while in small blind (100%)
- 25 out of 31 times in other positions (80%)
- a total of 58 out of 65 (89%)
Pots won at showdown - 9 of 17 (52%)
Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $25,300
balance: $751,640

No comments:

Post a Comment