Friday, September 18, 2015

Cash splashes

One thing I realize I really missed when I was playing tournaments was the ability to make a cash splash. In cash games, every hand has an immediate effect on your stack. To go even further, every time you call, bet, or raise in a cash game hand, that action has an immediate effect on your stack. Namely, it reduces it by the amount that you called, bet, or raised. You've essentially kissed that money goodbye. If you win the hand, you get the money back, but don't fool yourself that it wasn't gone in the meantime :-) In tournaments, no single hand has an immediate effect on your stack.

What do I mean by a cash splash? When you win a pot in a cash game which gives you a hand delta greater than or equal to your initial stake. Since I play $200/$500 tables with a maximum initial stake of $50,000, and always buy in for the maximum, a cash splash for me is $50,000. Last night, I had a cash splash of $64,608 on hand 8.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 82 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 12 times while in big blind (25%)
 - 4 out of 12 times while in small blind (33%)
 - 20 out of 58 times in other positions (34%)
 - a total of 27 out of 82 (32%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 8 (62%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $31,894
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,006,159
balance: $7,295,390

No comments:

Post a Comment