Sunday, September 6, 2015

A more accurate zero bet percentage

As I've settled into a comfortable pattern of playing MTT NLHEs and cashing in them, largely by folding, I've been thinking about how best to measure the act of not spending money. I've come to the conclusion that my calculation of zero bet percentage leaves something to be desired. What I was measuring was the percentage of time I spent no money on a hand, when it was possible to spend no money on it. This is coarser grained than it could be. I've come up with an improvement; my new calculation measures the percentage of decision points where I spend no money. Using it, my zero bet percentage for last night's session was 80.36 (45 of 56 decision points).

style flavor buy_in entry players hands place winnings

MTT   NLHE      900   100       6    37   174     1702


delta: $702
MTT NLHE balance: $-24,121
balance: $7,424,923

No comments:

Post a Comment