Friday, October 18, 2013

The art of the call in

With a blog post title like this one, you might think I've mastered the art of the call in, and am about to impart its arcane secrets to you. Not so. I'm merely asserting that there's an art to it; I haven't mastered it yet. First things first. What's a call in? That's my slang for calling a bet when you don't have enough chips to cover it, which means you're putting yourself all in. You need to have a better hand to call in than you do to go all in. See my "Call ins considered harmful" post from June 7 of this year to find out why.

Last night, I made two call ins. In terms of results, they pretty much cancelled each other out. On the first one, my two pair of jacks and nines lost to a jack high flush, and I lost $34,049 to hit the felt. On the second one, my nine high flush won me $35,432 in o.p.m. (other people's money).

I think it takes more skill to call in than to go all in, which is why I prefer calling in. I honestly can't remember the last time I went all in.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 122 hands and saw flop:
 - 11 out of 15 times while in big blind (73%)
 - 9 out of 16 times while in small blind (56%)
 - 44 out of 91 times in other positions (48%)
 - a total of 64 out of 122 (52%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 15 (40%)
 Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-46,093
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,216,009
balance: $7,572,962

No comments:

Post a Comment