Saturday, October 12, 2013

Kick-started

Last night, my session was kick-started on hand 43, when I won a pot worth $75,764 with three of a kind, fives. I beat another three of kind, fives, since I had a better kicker. My opponent put me all in on the river, and I looked him up. I knew he might have a fatty, but had a feeling he didn't. My poker radar isn't always in perfect working order, but it certainly was last night.

I have a theory why I'm doing better (so far) at these higher stakes tables. Since I'm used to lower stakes, I'm a bit intimidated by the higher stakes; the result is that I'm playing a lot more cautiously than my opponents are, and it's paying off. Typically, the hands I play are stronger, so I end up winning a higher percentage of the showdowns. As long as I can continue to stay intimidated, I'll do fine :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 93 hands and saw flop:
 - 9 out of 11 times while in big blind (81%)
 - 11 out of 13 times while in small blind (84%)
 - 37 out of 69 times in other positions (53%)
 - a total of 57 out of 93 (61%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 11 (72%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $51,370
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,218,686
balance: $7,575,639

No comments:

Post a Comment