Monday, October 14, 2013

Heads up heaven

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I miss heads up play. I miss it badly. When you play tournaments, and have a reasonable amount of success, you get to play heads up a lot. When you play cash games, you almost never get to play heads up. There's no way to knock people out, since they can just reup at their discretion. Even if they don't reup, sooner or later they leave the table, leaving their seat open for someone else. It's basically a fluke if you ever find yourself playing heads up in a cash game.

Last night, I got to play heads up for a good number of hands in the final third of the session. My opponent was going all in way too often, and I knew I had a great chance to chip up against him if I picked my spots properly. On hand 55, he went all in when I'd been dealt a pair of nines. I called, and won a pot worth $24,164 with a full house, nines full of fours. On hand 66, he went all in when I'd been dealt ace eight offsuit. I called, and won a pot worth $43,018 with two pair, aces and fours. He only played two more hands against me before leaving the table.

There's definitely a different rhythm to heads up play. It's totally a feel thing. When you're on, you feel invincible. Not a bad feeling :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 74 hands and saw flop:
 - 10 out of 18 times while in big blind (55%)
 - 9 out of 17 times while in small blind (52%)
 - 20 out of 39 times in other positions (51%)
 - a total of 39 out of 74 (52%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 7 (57%)
 Pots won without showdown - 17

delta: $37,279
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,226,711
balance: $7,583,664

No comments:

Post a Comment