Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The best time to get rockets

Last night, I had a short and sweet session, just 12 hands. I won two of them, hands 10 and 11. On one of those two hands, I was dealt pocket rockets. Can you guess which one, given the title of this post? If you guessed hand 11, you get a gold star. The best time to get rockets is just after winning a hand. Why? It's elementary, my dear Watson; your opponents will think you're getting frisky with your winnings. It's hard for any poker player (myself included) to credit someone getting two great hands in a row. Of course, it happens, but not all that often. Imagine my delight when I discovered not one but two opponents betting into my aces! Neither of them even had a pair, and I won a pot worth $95,200 without breaking a sweat. I called it a night forthwith.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 12 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 2 times while in big blind (100%)
- 1 out of 2 times while in small blind (50%)
- 4 out of 8 times in other positions (50%)
- a total of 7 out of 12 (58%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 3 (66%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $58,100
balance: $3,180,030

No comments:

Post a Comment