Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A sight for sore eyes

In my recent losing streak, the caliber of the opponents I faced was very high; there wasn't a donk in the bunch (unless you count, at times, me :-) Therefore, when I detected a donk in last night's session, he was a sight for sore eyes. He was going all in way too frequently, and I knew I just needed to wait for the right time to relieve him of his chips. The thing with donks is, you don't even have to bet into them; you just wait for them to make an idiotic bet and then simply call it. That's what happened on the last hand of the night, when I won a pot worth $53,200 with two pair, eights and sixes. It turned out to be my last hand because it was a table ender - at the end of the hand, I was the only remaining player with chips. The donk and I had been playing heads up for several hands.

To be honest, donks mostly annoy me, and I prefer not playing with them; one can always suffer a bad beat at their hands. The only reason I was glad to see a donk last night was that he was a refreshing change from more skillful opponents.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 49 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 11 times while in big blind (36%)
- 9 out of 13 times while in small blind (69%)
- 18 out of 25 times in other positions (72%)
- a total of 31 out of 49 (63%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 6 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $27,900
balance: $3,253,104

No comments:

Post a Comment