Monday, January 30, 2012

My favorite suit

I've mentioned before what my favorite type of hand is (a flush). I've never mentioned what my favorite suit is. One good reason for this is that I never had a favorite suit - until now. Why would I suddenly develop a favorite suit? I'm glad you asked. The answer is simple - thanks to a royal flush I hit on Friday night, I've now had three of them in my poker career, and they've all been club royal flushes. If multiple royal flushes in the same suit can't endear that suit to you, nothing can!

Looking at the odds, I realize I've had more royal flushes than I had any right to expect. But the statistical oddity of having all of them be in the same suit is the most surprising thing of all.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 35 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 4 times while in big blind (50%)
- 2 out of 5 times while in small blind (40%)
- 9 out of 26 times in other positions (34%)
- a total of 13 out of 35 (37%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 4 (75%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $39,300
balance $3,121,930

No comments:

Post a Comment