Friday, January 13, 2012

Chat tilt

There are many ways to go on tilt in poker. I've mentioned some of them before, including stack tilt, which is when you make bad decisions due to anxiety about the size of your stack. Last night, I experienced my first case of chat tilt. I made two very bad decisions in a row, due to anger at the way one of my opponents was insulting another opponent via the chat feature in the PokerStars software. In back to back hands, I lost $18,000 and $17,600. I didn't evaluate either hand properly. Instead of paying attention to poker, my mind was preoccupied with what a jerk the guy was being. Miraculously, I didn't hit the felt on the second hand, but was left with only $1,800 in chips. That woke me up to the need to pay sedulous attention to the poker, which I was able to do for the remainder of the session. Being so shoft-stacked, I was forced to go all in periodically, but Lady Luck smiled on me; all four times I went all in, I won the main pot. The last time this happened, I knew I'd had the best of my night, and got out of Dodge.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 92 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 12 times while in big blind (33%)
- 6 out of 11 times while in small blind (54%)
- 27 out of 69 times in other positions (39%)
- a total of 37 out of 92 (40%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 10 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-14,400
balance: $3,338,804

No comments:

Post a Comment