Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Too many rockets

On New Year's Eve, I played pretty well for 87 hands. Unfortunately for me, I played 88. On the final hand, I was convinced I was best, went all in, and hit the felt. My "percent at flop" utility tells me that my starting hand (Kd As) in combination with the flop (2s 7s Kh) beats 89% of all other possible starting hands with that flop, so I had good reason to be convinced. I've mentioned before that one of my poker weaknesses is an inability to imagine an opponent having pocket rockets. That's what my opponent had on hand 88, but I think my lack of imagination in this case was understandable. The very same player had had pocket rockets on hand 87, and you just don't expect them to pop up back to back like that. In all, fully 5 of the 88 hands featured pocket rockets; that's too many rockets!

My two session loss of $160,000 ties my worst ever. Both other times I achieved this dubious record, I lost $80,000 each session; the best spin I can put on my current woeful double is that for once the second session shows some improvement over the first :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 88 hands and saw flop:
- 9 out of 14 times while in big blind (64%)
- 10 out of 15 times while in small blind (66%)
- 35 out of 59 times in other positions (59%)
- a total of 54 out of 88 (61%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 14 (35%)
Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $-40,000
balance: $3,286,119

No comments:

Post a Comment