Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Laying off the high fastball

Last night, I had a solid, workmanlike session. There were no fireworks; I didn't win any really big pots. The hands I won didn't make a lasting impression on me; what I remember the best is a hand I laid down. The flop had given me four cards to a flush, and one of my opponents bet enough to put me all in if I called. It would have cost me a little over $17,000. I thought about it for about five seconds, then made the right play and folded. Neither the turn nor the river was a heart. I was proud of being able to lay off the high fastball; they certainly are tempting!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 37 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 5 times while in big blind (60%)
- 3 out of 4 times while in small blind (75%)
- 16 out of 28 times in other positions (57%)
- a total of 22 out of 37 (59%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 7 (71%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $38,000
balance: $3,218,030

No comments:

Post a Comment