Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The trouble with rockets

Last night, I played near the top of my game. Unfortunately, I got a bad beat about a quarter of the way through the session, lost a ton of chips on that hand, and was playing catch up the rest of the night. I never did make it back into the black. On the bad beat hand, I was dealt pocket rockets, got into a brief pre-flop raising war with them, and ended up going all in. I was up against an opponent who'd been dealt pocket queens, and was an 81% favorite. However, I lost; he hit a set of queens on the flop, and they held up. Luckily for me, I'd had more chips than he did at the start of the hand, so I avoided hitting the felt.

The trouble with rockets is that they're so hard to lay down! I take solace in the fact that I did nothing wrong on the bad beat hand.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 80 hands and saw flop:
- 8 out of 12 times while in big blind (66%)
- 7 out of 11 times while in small blind (63%)
- 41 out of 57 times in other positions (71%)
- a total of 56 out of 80 (70%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 13 (46%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-23,568
balance: $3,214,262

No comments:

Post a Comment