Thursday, February 23, 2012

Calling with kings

Certain hands are worth calling all the way down the line. That's what I did last night, on just the third hand. I was dealt a pair of kings, and the flop came rainbow small (9s 7c 3d). There were three of us in the hand; one opponent was doing all the betting, and the remaining opponent and I were content just to call. My kings held up, and I won a pot worth $31,100.

I've found that calling generally keeps the bettor guessing, whereas raising can give them a better read on your hand. Often, if you raise, you're inviting a reraise from the original bettor. I actually prefer to win big pots by calling.

I won a smaller pot immediately after winning the big pot, and decided to call it a night since I'd made half my initial stack in profit.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 5 hands and saw flop:
- 1 out of 1 times while in big blind (100%)
- 0 out of 0 times while in small blind (0%)
- 4 out of 4 times in other positions (100%)
- a total of 5 out of 5 (100%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 2 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $20,500
balance: $3,171,346

No comments:

Post a Comment