Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'd rather be good

Last night, I won a huge pot on hand 15 which I never should have won. I failed to see that the turn card put 3 cards to a straight on the board; I was too excited by the fact that the board only had 2 cards to a flush to notice. I'd hit a stealth top two pair on the flop, and believed my hand was untouchable. I went all in and got two callers. One of them had made his straight on the turn; that meant there were only four cards which could win the pot for me. I lucked out and hit one of them on the river to win the pot, which was worth $134,400. Nominally, my odds were 4 out of 44, or 9%; in actuality, though, they were even lower than that, since some or all of my outs could already have been mucked.

I wasn't happy with my play on that hand; I'd much rather be good than simply lucky. However, I accepted the chip influx with gratitude!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 16 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 3 times while in big blind (66%)
- 1 out of 3 times while in small blind (33%)
- 7 out of 10 times in other positions (70%)
- a total of 10 out of 16 (62%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 3 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $94,000
balance: $3,140,172

No comments:

Post a Comment