Saturday, March 12, 2011

Going home

Last night, I hit the felt at the first table I joined, for the third session in a row. Enough of this shit, I said to myself. I decided to go home; home to the poker flavor I love the most, and home to the high stakes I've been missing so badly. I joined a $100/$200 pot limit Hold'em table for the maximum initial stake of $40,000.

Paradoxically, I feel much more comfortable at the high stakes tables. A big stack just makes me breathe easier; it's like a big blast of poker oxygen! Also, it just seems to me that the typical quality of play is actually inferior at the high stakes tables than it is at the low stakes tables, so there's a double incentive to play at the high stakes. I work less hard for 20 times more play money!

I've got to face the facts and admit, for the second time, that Omaha is not the game for me. There's just too much luck involved! And, alas, not as much skill on my part as I'd hoped.

I've decided to set myself a really audacious goal. Simply stated, I want to win my next play million in the next calendar year. Not only that, I want to keep winning an additional play million every year, like clockwork. Obviously, I can only achieve this by playing exclusively at the high stakes tables. Almost equally obviously, I can only achieve this by playing pot limit Hold'em exclusively. As the saying goes, you need to dance with the one that brung ya!

During current Omaha session you were dealt 44 hands and saw flop:
- 7 out of 7 times while in big blind (100%)
- 6 out of 6 times while in small blind (100%)
- 30 out of 31 times in other positions (96%)
- a total of 43 out of 44 (97%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 6 (16%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $-2,000
balance: $1,038,657

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 73 hands and saw flop:
- 7 out of 11 times while in big blind (63%)
- 3 out of 12 times while in small blind (25%)
- 29 out of 50 times in other positions (58%)
- a total of 39 out of 73 (53%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 8 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $2,101
balance: $1,040,758

No comments:

Post a Comment