Friday, March 4, 2011

Aces up

Last night, I only won one hand, but it was for a good sized pot. As for the hand itself, it was marginal at best for Omaha -- a two pair. The good news was that the top pair was aces, making my hand "aces up", in poker vernacular. I had a hunch that the player who was leading the betting had nothing, and I ended up going all in. Both of the other players who went to showdown with me also had a two pair, but neither of them had aces up.

The more I play Omaha, the more convinced I am that the optimal strategy is to fold early and often until you either get a really good hand or a really good read that your hand is the best, then go all in; if you win, get out of Dodge fast!

During current Omaha session you were dealt 13 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 2 times while in big blind (100%)
- 1 out of 2 times while in small blind (50%)
- 8 out of 9 times in other positions (88%)
- a total of 11 out of 13 (84%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 2 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $1,140
balance: $1,041,527

No comments:

Post a Comment