Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flush hunch

Last night, the second time I was dealt two diamonds, I had a strong hunch I was going to make the flush. Illogically, I felt the fact that I'd overpaid to see the flop on the first hand (only to see no diamonds come up) made it more likely that I'd hit on the second hand. In short, a part of me believed that since I'd demonstrated to the poker gods my willingness to gamble, they'd reward me! My hunch was on the money.

The way I bet that second hand extracted as much value as I could from it. Based on my hunch, I paid $1,800 to see the flop, which had two diamonds in it. I bet $200 on the flop and got three callers. I hit the flush on the turn, and bet $400; everyone came along. On the river, I raised someone's $1,000 bet up to $3,600, and got one caller. I won a pot worth $18,600.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 25 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 4 times while in big blind (75%)
- 2 out of 4 times while in small blind (50%)
- 14 out of 17 times in other positions (82%)
- a total of 19 out of 25 (76%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 4 (75%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $20,600
balance: $1,078,358

No comments:

Post a Comment