Saturday, February 5, 2011

A tale of two all-ins

Last night, I hit the felt at both tables I joined, but in two very different ways. The first time I hit the felt, I backed a strong hand, and simply got beaten by a stronger one. It was the correct play to back the hand all the way down the line. The second time, I backed an incredibly weak hand; it would have been a week hand in Hold'em, and was ludicrously weak in Omaha. I'm almost too embarrassed to reveal what it was, but not quite -- it was a measly two pair.

I hereby take a vow never to go all-in on a two pair in Omaha again. I know I made the same vow in Hold'em, and it didn't hold up, but this time I'm determined it will.

During current Omaha session you were dealt 42 hands and saw flop:
- 8 out of 8 times while in big blind (100%)
- 6 out of 8 times while in small blind (75%)
- 22 out of 26 times in other positions (84%)
- a total of 36 out of 42 (85%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 12 (33%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $-4,000
balance: $1,019,149

No comments:

Post a Comment